Knights of Valar
Welcome to the forums! Please Register, and fill out the application in the Application Section.
Knights of Valar
Welcome to the forums! Please Register, and fill out the application in the Application Section.
Knights of Valar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights of Valar

KoV

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
You are welcome anywhere on the forums, but there is a wow category. Its under PC, Wow. At a later date, it may be moved to the main page, but for now, see there.

Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Valar]dragonrdr
Elder
Valar]dragonrdr

Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Empty
PostSubject: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:21 am

THE SLIM (PS3) vs. THE 'XBOX 360 ELITE FALL 2009'

This is not meant to be a 'fan' statement. I don't own a Wii but I do own an Xbox 360 so I will be able to discuss PS3 Slim vs. Xbox 360 Elite and, hopefully, it may help a little those undecided between the two or those thinking about getting a PS3 as a second gaming console. Please be aware that, even though I own both consoles and I try to be as objective as possible, I do tend to favor the PS3.

Parity
------
- Storage: 120 GB on both systems
- CD, DVD playback: both
- Bluetooth/IR: Bluetooth included with PS3, Infrared remote for Xbox
- Community: PSN/Home memberships are free, Xbox Live includes free Silver membership and one-month Gold subscription, paid thereafter

Advantage PS3 Slim
------------------
- Blu-ray: PS3 only. Blu-ray disks aren't used for HD movie playback but to deliver games as well. Since they store several times more data than a DVD disk, PS3 games can be 'bigger' and be still delivered on one disk, eliminating the need for swapping during gameplay.
- WiFi: included with PS3, available as an add-on for Xbox.
- HDMI 1.3a on PS3 (more vivid colors, better sound) vs. HDMI 1.2 on Xbox
- Controller: wireless on both systems, rumble on both, PS3's only is motion sensitive, rechargeable batteries built into PS3's, Xbox rechargeable battery packs available for purchase.
- Integration with a handheld device: PS3 integrates with the PSP, the Xbox offers Zune integration. I would call it 'advantage PS3' because the Zune integration is limited to file transfers.
- Internal power supply: yes for the Slim, a large external 'brick' for the Xbox.
- Ability to upgrade the Hard Disk: the PS3 could use any cheap 2.5" SATA on the market (a 500GB can be had for $90 at the time of this writing and the existing PS3 disk can be recycled to upgrade a laptop or as external storage) without voiding the warranty. I am not aware Xbox HDD upgrades beyond 120GB but, judging by the 120GB upgrade HDD for the smaller models, they are likely to be proprietary, more expensive solutions.
- Slim comes with USB, Ethernet and Composite cables, Xbox has only Composite in the box.

Advantage Xbox 360 Elite Fall 2009
----------------------------------
- Headset: not included with PS3 but any Bluetooth device will work, wired headset included with Xbox Elite.
- Ethernet: PS3 supports Gigabit Ethernet, Xbox is limited to 100BASET-T.
- USB ports: Xbox comes with 3, Slim has only 2.
Back to top Go down
Flavoi
Emperor
Flavoi

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Source link if you please. Thats not your writing. Always cite sources.
Back to top Go down
https://valar.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Valar]dragonrdr
Elder
Valar]dragonrdr

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:03 pm

And why is this not my writing?
Back to top Go down
MoNsTeR PuNcH
King
MoNsTeR PuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:07 pm

He gave 320 like 3 advantages. One wasn't even an advantage.
Back to top Go down
Flavoi
Emperor
Flavoi

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:08 pm

The grammar is too good for you, as well as the format.
Back to top Go down
MoNsTeR PuNcH
King
MoNsTeR PuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:00 am

Double Post.
Back to top Go down
Flavoi
Emperor
Flavoi

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:22 am

I can't delete it from my iPod, so...
That's why there ws a double post
Back to top Go down
Valar]dragonrdr
Elder
Valar]dragonrdr

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Of corse I can use grammer thats what spelling helper is for Wink
Back to top Go down
oXoInsomniaoXo
King
oXoInsomniaoXo

PostSubject: funny   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:12 am

well since we are doing 2009 stuff here. If you notice the playstation system has gone through its three stages. Now for the 360 the third one has just came out and has everything PS3 has and more to tell them to shut the fuck up!
Back to top Go down
http://kustomproductions.tk
Valar]dragonrdr
Elder
Valar]dragonrdr

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:36 am

hey hey hey calm down over there!!!!! Okay I will say this ps3 does have more now, but xbox will be the best system when kenect comes out...................
Back to top Go down
MoNsTeR PuNcH
King
MoNsTeR PuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Lol Playstation Move. Really, xbox is better now. Now I can finally say that with proof.
Back to top Go down
Valar]dragonrdr
Elder
Valar]dragonrdr

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:03 am

well not untill people have played it.....and revewed it..............
Back to top Go down
MoNsTeR PuNcH
King
MoNsTeR PuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Well, that makes little to no sense. Elaborate on that.
Back to top Go down
Valar]dragonrdr
Elder
Valar]dragonrdr

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:48 pm

THE KENECT WAIT TILL PEOPLE HAVE PLAYED ITTT!
Back to top Go down
MoNsTeR PuNcH
King
MoNsTeR PuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:12 pm

People have at E3. They said it was amazing. And that the new Xbox was more amazing than the PS3 to boot.
Back to top Go down
Flavoi
Emperor
Flavoi

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Oh please. You will never get a fair review any more. I have stopped reading one. Read a few; fanbois, haters, impartial, piece it all together.
Back to top Go down
Valar]dragonrdr
Elder
Valar]dragonrdr

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:11 pm

So what your saying is monsta is a homo, in-whateverhisnameis is a hater (of me) and I'm a pimp, and your my bitch?
Back to top Go down
MoNsTeR PuNcH
King
MoNsTeR PuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:52 pm

No. He's saying is unless you can get a guy who has no bias at all.

I began my argument with PS3 and xbox were equals in 09' but I had a preference for the 360.
Dragon you seemed to take that as me being a fatass saying
"oh jeez ps3 is so 1999"

Now I am saying that 360 in its third generation has long surpassed PS3 in quality and overall gaming experience. (I switched over)

Bear with me, I am not trying to reach your bad side, but really, I have a problem with people who deliberately begin arguments over such a dumb matter.
Back to top Go down
Flavoi
Emperor
Flavoi

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Here it is.
Hardware - PS3 is faster and stronger, better internals
Games - PS3 Originals are better, due to bluray and better hardware
Library _ Number - 360
_Quality - No clue
User base - 360
Online - PS3 is free, 360 is not.

Thats all I have. Keep in mind I have never owned either.
Also, I cant find my source on Games - because its from game informer, i do believe.
Back to top Go down
MoNsTeR PuNcH
King
MoNsTeR PuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm going to argue there considering everyone has 2009 Xbox in mind.

Games- No comparison; Halo GoW and a whole arcade an indie base for 360. Uncharted, God of War for PS3. A good graphic game isn't necessarily amazing.

Hardware- Old PS3 kicked 360 elites ass with internals and such. New 360 has the same internals and more. No more RROD. And overheating is not a problem, But overheating is still a minor issue on PS3.

User Base- Both 360 and PS3 have rather large user bases. However, 360 has nearly 6 million buyers worldwide, 4million subscribe to Xbox LIVE, 3 million with Gold memberships. PS3 has more buyers. That much I know.

Online- While PS3 is free, (Note I have played PS3 before) its online is mediocre. Very little options exist, and really, internet browsing is not amazing. 360 asks a fee of $69.99 per year. This is intimidating, yet there is an extensive array of customization and personalization available. This when compared to the PS3 online, The 360 wins.
Back to top Go down
Flavoi
Emperor
Flavoi

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:04 pm

Err, let me clarify my response now.
I still call games a tie leaning towards ps3 for graphics. Indie is nice, but how many do you use? 2 or 3? PS3 has that as well.

Hardware
Quote :
Old PS3 kicked 360 elites ass with internals and such. New 360 has the same internals and more. No more RROD. And overheating is not a problem, But overheating is still a minor issue on PS3.
Actually, PS3 still has better hardware. Faster and better GPU and CPU, memory and bluray. They use them as supercomputers for a reason. I dont know about heating and stuff, never heard of it from any friends, but whatever...

Also, for online I realize that sounded like a winner, but it was a comparison. I dont understand whats great about live, so with that I would not like to pay.
Back to top Go down
MoNsTeR PuNcH
King
MoNsTeR PuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Basically, you pay for top notch servers, zero lagg, achievements, voice chat (party chat) video chat services, connection to msn, facebook connection, twitter connection, Outstanding marketplace and discounts on DLC and arcade games. Zune. You get the point.

What you need to learn is that PS3 fanboys are whiny little kids. They go on and on about how great their console is, when really, it's surpassed by the xbox in almost everyway. When their systems overheat, the go into denial.

Hell who am I kidding, PS3's break as much as xbox's. RROD just lets them know right away. PS3 tends to hide errors.
Back to top Go down
Flavoi
Emperor
Flavoi

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:09 pm

I partially agree. However, most people I know buy 3602 becasue their friends have one. I think if they were released at the same time PS3 would have more users.

Both sides are whiny phanbois.
Back to top Go down
MoNsTeR PuNcH
King
MoNsTeR PuNcH

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Yeah, well when buying MLB 2k10, I saw a 10 year old buy MW2, BBC2 and Halo at GameStop. I hate little kids. If I ever work there, I'm convincing the mother that a game rated E is good enough.
Back to top Go down
Flavoi
Emperor
Flavoi

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:41 am

MoNsTeR PuNcH wrote:
Yeah, well when buying MLB 2k10, I saw a 10 year old buy MW2, BBC2 and Halo at GameStop. I hate little kids. If I ever work there, I'm convincing the mother that a game rated E is good enough.

I hate kids too. I would do the same thing. Or maybe convince her books and going to the park are better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim   Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets do this: Xbox elete Vs. PS3 slim
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next